View Single Post

Old 01-04-2018, 10:52 PM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik View Post
Of course there's a market. I don't think it's a big one but no doubt it's there. Just like there's still a market for SAA and BP revolvers.
Oh, I think it's there. How many guys do we know that would never carry a striker? Between here and on an actual range, there's a few I can think of.

Now--how many of those guys aren't already in love with Sigs, and don't rage against polymer frames? There's the market.

In any case, I think Springfield will have a much easier time differentiating themselves from Sig Sauer than trying to beat S&W and Glock, who operate closer to SA's plastic pistol price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS
I don't know her terribly well, but met her at the NRA Annual Meetings when they were in Indy. We have a mutual friend that we are both quite close to. His byline is going to appear in (I think) American Hunter soon.

She knows pistols extremely well. I know she used to work in a gun shop, and think that she works in a different one now. She knows guns quite well.
Oh, she certainly knows her stuff. And she writes well, her articles have a certain logical flow to them. I also quite like her "voice"--she remains relatable without adopting the "Neanderthal" persona a lot of gun writers fall into (which I don't like, because it's indicative of what they think of me).

And now, damn you, I just started reading her blog.

About the only thing she needs to do...is write an article saying an in-production gun is bad. Then she'll be perfect.
The Following User Likes This Post: