View Single Post

Old 01-05-2018, 08:48 AM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
The market will tell us (and Springfield) if there is still some demand for TDA single stack guns. The only thing that I'd likely change on the XDE would be to include an option for a spurless hammer.

I might have to email Springfield and see if they have a plan to try to get MA certification for the XDE. The XDS in 9mm and 45ACP were recently added and prices are pretty decent.
It's curious how MA folks always seem to want the guns they can't easily get (because "roster" and/or crazy AG lady)... but then when those guns finally become available, few folks actually run out and buy one. They just switch their desires to a different gun they can't have... rinse and repeat! The Springfield plastics are a perfect example of this.

And Lord knows I'm as guilty as the next MA guy. Look at my collection spreadsheet and you'll see that not being able to buy one so easily tends to make the guns more desirable and always more valuable... until they become available and then the price crashes!

Back in the "good old days" when I was still open to plastic, I wanted a Springfield compact plastic wonder gun so badly I could taste it. I hated that my friends and family in free states could buy them... all they wanted... without any big effort beyond the pricetag and a 4473 form. But now that they are legal for dealer sale in MA and in all the gun shops, I have no interest whatsoever. My preferred dealer offered to pull a couple out just to show me what I couldn't previously buy... and I told him don't even bother.

Go figure. Human nature, I guess.