View Single Post

Old 01-06-2018, 10:12 PM

Liked 1,284 Times in 694 Posts

My last post to this thread was around Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving and before Christmas was a pretty frustrating time for me at work, and for those few weeks, I loaded 38 Special ammo with my Lee Handloading kit.

This past week, I found another box/500 of 38 LSWC's under my bench. So I started reloading with the Pro 1000 again. Just finished 400 rounds (over the course of the week, after work-about 50 rounds/evening). Again, just to de-stress from work; and it's been below zero here in Indiana so no trips to the outdoor range! At 50 rounds per session, pretty easy with no issues, until this evening. Had 1 primer seated upside down and 1 seated sideways. Then I had some brass Winchester cases that had primer crimps that had to be removed. Of the 9 cases I needed to load to finish the last 50 rounds, 2 primers ended up "kind of" sideways, even loading them one at a time. I use an RCBS Swaging die combo to remove primer crimps. Almost like the primer caught on one side. Once those 9 were loaded the rest loaded fine. Probably time for a good cleaning/lube, though I have kept it clean between sessions. So until today, no issues in 350 rounds, then 4 issues last 50. Again 1 issue per 100 rounds average. Not complaining, just reporting :-)

Ordered 10 MTM P-100 ammo boxes today from MidwayUSA, need those for this ammo I'm loading LOL. Still have 600 Cast Lead wadcutters, 500 Spear Swaged SWC and 450 Falcon Bullets 125 gr. Cast Lead FP to load, just not all at once! Then there's the 9's, 40's and 45's :-)

Happy New Year everybody!!