Thread: BodyGuard 380
View Single Post

Old 01-06-2018, 10:28 PM
Banned

Liked 4,324 Times in 1,793 Posts

Never not Speer Gold Dot. Not because it's magic beans, but because it's a longstanding company with a lot of experience, and their bullets tend to expand reliably. Nothing magic, nothing outstanding, just reliable.

I also agree that the trigger is rather long and stiff. But I have a really hard time with over-long triggers, especially if there's not a long-enough backstrap-to-trigger distance. For instance, I can't shoot J-frames double-action if they've got those little Magnas on them. I really liked the sound of the Sig P250, until I tried dry-firing the damn thing. I don't mind my 59's double-action pull, even though it's quite heavy for even a 59, because it has a 2x4 for a grip. Mostly, I don't like the 59's DA pull because that wide, flat trigger pinches my finger against the frame in DA.

The BG380, I couldn't manage. Although I met one little lady that blew her CCW qualifier out of the water with one.

The RM380 isn't bad. Still long, but not unmanageable. Still, I prefer other things. A few of these little guns really need a little bit more material on the trigger face to prevent that "gotta squeeze too far" feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT80
I picked up a box of some Sig hollow point but the reviews on YouTube for this particular ammo show it getting easily clogged with denim in testing. So that’s no good.
Problem with YouTube is that anybody can make one. It doesn't take gun know-how, it takes video production skills.

My problem with Sig's ammunition is that they just don't have the experience and reputation. They bought a facility, and staffed it themselves. There's just not a big body of data for how their products perform.

Do you like the Sig ammunition? Do you trust it? Then carry it.

If you don't--Speer's good. Lots of guys seem to like Hornady and Federal, and even Winchester's PDX1.

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/sel...-tests/#380ACP

^^ LG did a not-bad test, I thought. I liked how they showed the results for each bullet, not just an average, along with the recovered bullets.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: