View Single Post

Old 01-07-2018, 09:42 PM

Liked 273 Times in 128 Posts
Question Ultrasonic cleaner & semi-auto's?

Hey guys. I currently use ballistol and hoppes #9 bore cleaner to clean my guns. I have a walther ccp (which has a fixed barrel), a s&w m&p shield 9mm (version 1) and an m&p 2.0 9mm 4.25". I hate spraying down the parts and then having the slick ballistol "oil" where i don't want it necessarily. What brand/size and solvent is recommended to clean one handgun at a time? Will a harbor freight unit work fine? How does it do on dirty barrels & components and how long does it take on average for a simple unit? I also want to get a needle oiler if i get an ultra sonic cleaner so that the oil goes where i want it instead of one big drop in a big area lol. I hate having oil in places it shouldn't be to grab lint and whatnot. Your help is much appreciated! The "cheaper" the better for me as i don't clean them often, but having them cleaned inside and out would be awesome. Also, does the little felt pellet in the trigger return spring on the M&P's get ruined in ultra sonic cleaning? I have an apex duty/carry kit and aluminum trigger in both of them if that makes a difference in the pellet. Thanks!