View Single Post

Old 01-09-2018, 04:54 AM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

I've started to jump in here a couple times to defend the Model 910... and, by extension, the Models 908, 909, 908S, 910S, CS models and others... as worthy, reliable 3rd Gen pistols despite their few plastic parts, but why spoil a good pro-915 lovefest. I love my Model 915 too.

As a quirk of timing & history, there are a lot of "Value Line" (and CS-Series) 3rd Gens on the MA approved roster so it is often easier up here to obtain a really pristine "ANIB" condition "Value Line" gun here than its premium line equivalent or a TSW version. They often go for more money too because of later production (in many cases) and resulting lower wear & tear, that despite their plastic parts and somewhat less "refined" look (which I happen to like). I have found them to be worthy 3rd Gens, often with fewer problems than their more "used & abused" premium equivalents. The Novak-like sights, even though made of plastic, happen to work better for my aging eyes as well.

Like I said, I love my Model 915 and paid a lot of money to obtain it, but I wouldn't give up my "Value Line" guns either, especially the stainless ones, nor would I ever discourage anyone from buying one. I don't think $325 for a nice one in box is out of line at all (not up here anyway)... but then again, condition has always been one of the biggest factors in my buying decisions. Given a choice between a Model 915 and a Model 910, I'd most likely go for the one I found to be in better condition.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: