View Single Post

Old 01-09-2018, 08:02 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,110 Times in 211 Posts
Default 61-2 RANGE REPORT

Picked up. 61-2 nickel today from a LGS ser. # B21241. Came with a blue box numbered to the gun. Has a blue S&W pouch with a broken zipper, new reg. card and parts/instruction brochure. Condition is 98%.
Stopped at the range to learn if this 61 was finicky with certain ammo. First up was CCI Mini mags. 26 rounds without a hitch although 2 rounds required 2 try's with the 2nd attempt being successful. Second up was Winchester HV. 24 rounds no problem. 1 round required 2 hits. Third was Federal Auto Match 27 rounds without a hitch. Lastly was CCI Velocitor. 35 rounds without a problem.
Did not bring standard velocity ammo for testing or targets to test for accuracy. That is next. All the shooting was at 15 feet shooting at broken clay birds on the berm. Shooting 100 + rounds with the above results makes very happy I bought the 61-2. Price was $365.00 OTD....LOU

UPDATE RANGE REPORT

2nd. trip to the range this time took stranded velocity in addition to the HV ammo. Again, not one hiccup with another 100 rounds down it's short pipe. This is a great piece and one I can stick in my pocket and feel confident,if absolutely necessary, to bring into service. Will be looking for another this time in blue....Have a great day....Lou

Last edited by buffalo4star; 01-13-2018 at 02:36 PM. Reason: 2nd. Range Trip
The Following User Likes This Post: