View Single Post

Old 01-12-2018, 05:30 AM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsmith
For newbies "Liking" something is fluid here. it can mean:
Well I'm not quite a newbie with over 700 posts but I can and do make mistakes. I just don't remember clicking the like button. But I sometimes click the mouse just by accident and probably clicked right on the button that time. For whatever reason I didn't mean to imply I liked what happened. I just wanted to be clear about that since the poster was new. I know there are reasons to like such posts and in truth I'm glad that he posted the info. It's good to keep us all on our toes if nothing else and to watch for more issues like that too. But I didn't want to appear crass to someone who is new here and maybe doesn't understand the things you stated so well. I made a mistake and I wanted to clear it up. Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agksimon
Wolf ammo even sent out a notice about it.
I saw other threads about that warning. It seems that only Wolf Gold ammo was involved. And it had no problems with any other rifle while the Smith's had no trouble with any other ammo. I thought there would be scads of reports about an issue this major if there was a lot to it but that's speculation. I haven't seen too many instances of this problem reported in the 5.56 version of the M&P 15 but I saw a bunch of reports about the M&P 15-22 firing out of battery when I did a Google search for "S&W m&p 15 out of battery". Turns out they were banned at Appleseed events because of an ongoing problem. Makes me wonder if it the 15-22 that was having the issues and Wolf reported on that. Their warning really wasn't very clear. I did see a poster claim that it was based on 7 out of battery occurrences with their .223 ammo which is more than their normal 2 reports per year for any particular rifle. It wasn't Wolf that said that. Could it be that the high volume of M&P 15's being sold especially to newer shooters may have contributed to this? I don't know. It just seems strange that only one brand of rifle was mentioned and there are actually more than one rifle bearing that name. And the 15-22 did have a bunch of reports of firing out of battery. Anyone with any insight would be appreciated by me at least.

Last edited by C J; 01-12-2018 at 05:49 AM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: