View Single Post

Old 01-13-2018, 12:48 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 27,996 Times in 8,452 Posts

Well said, Wyatt.

Sometimes, a new member will be asking for how much he can expect to sell some modified refinished ex-Victory clunker he inherited from his mother‘s cousin once removed, and a number of folks here will implore him not to sell it and instead cherish the “family heirloom” and pass it on to his children and whatnot.

I don’t get that at all. Most guns are just use items. A few may be special, and you’ll know, but some gun a family member picked up at a show because the price was right, or a revolver that spent its life on a closet shelf as insurance against an intruder that never came, doesn’t become an “heirloom” just because the family member died.

My dad was not into handguns; when he passed several years ago, he left several rifles and shotguns, but there wasn’t anything I could really use, as it all duplicated what I already had, other family members weren’t interested, so we sold them to a friend of my dad who had teenagers getting into hunting and got my mom a good price. Much better than having any gather dust in my safe.

Last edited by Absalom; 01-13-2018 at 12:50 PM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: