View Single Post

Old 01-16-2018, 02:34 AM

Liked 211 Times in 94 Posts

May be true in many respects DonD, I get your point. I don't have ANY probs with MIM trigger/hammer or frame mount firing pin (and see the advantages of both). But...there is more that just a little anecdotal evidence (along with many well done videos and write ups documenting issues) of poor quality control in later model smith wheel guns. These are not issues with the materials/methods, etc of otherwise fine guns. They are just sloppy work done by less than attentive craftsmen, and poor QC. Just like your 1965 chevy could have been a real lemon with problem after problem, and 5 trips to the dealer in the first 10K miles, while others you know had no probs with their's at all. I'm talking performance center guns with .010 gap between barrel and frame with light shining through, horrible chamber chamfers, crooked barrels, chipped up forcing cones, horrific barrel crowns, etc. With today's modern technology and ability to hold tolerances unheard of 50 years ago, these inconsistencies should be caught and fixed in final inspection stage prior to going into a box and out to the dealers, to become the problem of us, the consumer. We can be fans of S&W products, and appreciate the old and new...but we can also be honest of their shortcomings and expect quality consistent with the price tag.

Last edited by therealsmithfan; 01-16-2018 at 02:35 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: