View Single Post

Old 01-19-2018, 03:04 PM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
No idea how that ignorance started
As far as handguns go and the cup and saucer grip there's a real good reason it got started. It's the fastest way to teach someone to be accurate. It may not be a good idea but as long as I've been shooting this is the first time I saw it mentioned as a safety issue. The reasons I've seen for changing to a new grip are about control of the handgun. Many of us learned that cup and saucer style with a revolver where there was no danger of a mag exploding. I've never seen any reference to a safety problem with it though. I'm not the brightest bulb in the box though. I just would have noticed if it had been mentioned by anyone ever. I've surfed a lot of gun boards and read many articles on shooting stances and grips and I've only heard that it is a safety issue in this thread. So either I'm missing something or it isn't a common thing being taught. I know modern shooters favor different styles but again it was always sold as a more accurate way to shoot and not a safety issue at least as far as I've seen.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: