View Single Post

Old 01-19-2018, 06:38 PM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Very familiar with "cup and saucer" which has nothing to do with ARs.
I understand that. Someone mentioned that holding your hand under the mag of a pistol was the reason the cup and saucer grip was abandoned by shooters. My comment had nothing to do with AR's. I know not to hang onto an AR mag while firing. I have forward grips on both of my AR's so I have something to grip besides the mag or whatever. I had just never heard that it was a problem to hold a handgun underneath the mag. I was wondering if it was something that had caused a lot of problems or even a few problems I guess because I still shoot the way I learned to shoot in the early 60's. I use the cup and saucer grip. I always figured I had something going and I didn't want to change it but I'm rethinking that now.

Quote:
The cup and saucer hold is a sure sign of a newbie, just like holding an AR by its magazine or mag well.
When I learned to shoot everyone used that method. But I'm old and to be honest I shoot a handgun better than anyone I ever met personally. It's just something I do well. Lots of people do things well. I have been known to draw a large crowd watching me shoot. I also get called to do shooting demonstrations. Again I learned with a revolver so the safety problem with the cup and saucer didn't apply. But I can not only shoot well I can teach others to shoot well. The cup and saucer is a natural way to control a handgun. I don't mean to build myself up as something special. I'm not. I just know how to hit what I'm aiming at. I'm not a super shooter like Bob Munden was or anything but I can hold my own.

Last edited by C J; 01-19-2018 at 06:43 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: