View Single Post

Old 01-22-2018, 07:59 AM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
And it's an outdated hold at best at this point, much better revolver holds,
and FAR better semi-auto holds are now known.
Thank goodness I've been lucky enough to avoid the problem over the years. I really am not able to shoot much now anyway and learning a new grip would require a lot of work I'm not likely to be able to do. But I won't be doing much shooting for pleasure. I'll take my chances in a self defense role but I already know how to shoot and when I do shoot I still hit what I aim at. Should say something about old dog and new tricks here but I definitely see the reason for avoiding putting your hand under a loaded mag. If I was 10 years younger I'd be switching for sure. I actually tried switching to new grips about 10 years ago because people claimed they were better for accuracy. They probably are but for me it was about unlearning 50 years of experience. I won't be teaching that method to anyone else. That's for sure. For me it was about going from being one of the best shots around to a guy learning something new and not doing so well at it. I did try several of the new grips and I just couldn't shoot the same. I would have changed had I knew about the safety issue though. It's stupid not to.

Last edited by C J; 01-22-2018 at 08:02 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: