View Single Post

Old 01-30-2018, 01:36 PM

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts

I am by no means an expert shooter, I am just middle of the road. However, I have taken a few classes over the years by some world class shooters. One thing is certain. Slow is slow. There are two ways to train in this specific aspect. You can train to be more accurate (bullseye mode) or to be faster (speed mode). When training accuracy, you put away the timer and just focus on being accurate. That does not mean taking 5 seconds to break the trigger, it just means not breaking the trigger until you are certain your sights are aligned and on target. The goal is to understand what sight picture you need in order to shoot center hits at specific distances. When training speed mode, you don't care about your hits. You are simply just trying to get faster. You are looking for a breakthrough. For example, if you are trying for a 1.2 second draw and first shot, you need to know what that feels like. You need to keep trying to go faster until you can get the gun out of the holster and pointed at the target within that time. Once you understand what it takes, then you can start to incorporate accuracy. You go from just hitting the paper, to getting closer and closer to center while trying to maintain the speed.

Again, I am not the expert just trying to relay what I have seen and been taught over the years. It is not easy and requires tons of dry fire to make breakthroughs. As you get better the gains get much smaller and harder to come by.

Last edited by northbay shooter; 01-30-2018 at 01:39 PM. Reason: typo
The Following 3 Users Like Post: