View Single Post

Old 01-31-2018, 01:56 PM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
I don't trust phone calls, I want to see it in a letter.
Yeah I wouldn't try to use a recorded call in a legal situation. The courts never accept them because of chain of custody and the possibility of tampering. But in this case I figured it was just for information purposes. It's still easy to get someone who doesn't know their job too. I don't count on any recordings for legal stuff. Just use them to help my fading memory.

FWIW, and I know we're off on a tangent here so this will be the last post on the subject, I had a doctor tell me another doctor had made a big mistake treating me once. The next time in that doc's office I had my phone set to record. He noticed that and got paranoid as heck. I guess he figured I was trying to get him to repeat what he had said so I could file a lawsuit against the other doc. Not even why I record doctors. I just want a reference for what they say so I can remember it right and do what he said. Now I keep my phone in my pocket but it's still recording. I'm not going to sue anyone. But some people get really upset if they know they are being recorded. So I just don't tell them. Not required to in my state and I'm not a lawsuit filing type of person anyway.
The Following User Likes This Post: