View Single Post

Old 02-03-2018, 09:59 PM

Liked 827 Times in 236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomkinsSP View Post
On an Undercoverette, Police Undercover and a Pathfinder the lockup is quite similar to my M640 and M642. With 50 percent or less trigger release there is free movement of the trigger, at 55 to 60 percent release pulling the trigger will advance the cylinder but not fire, at 65-70 percent it will not move at all but if you release and pull it will advance and fire. Over 75-80 percent everything is normal. This was only five guns YMMV.

C****** A**** revolvers IMHO function every bit as well as the Smiths which I prefer.

With the exception of a Stainless Steel .327 Patriot which had the fit and finish if a Smith (and a matching price tag) they did not have the fit and finish of a steel frsm S&W. (I prefer the steel frames.)

I think CAs occupy an important place in the market. For the difference in cost at a LGS, compared to a comperable Smith a newcomer or someone on a limited budget can obtain a decent CA and 10 to 15 boxes of ammo to help them become proficient in its use.
I tried out all my Charters and it looks like ALL of them present the same double action trigger issue for me. I will try out my S&W and see if there is a similar trigger issue when shooting. I doubt it though. Im thinking that comparing the two I am going to come to the same conclusion that they are both very different.