View Single Post

Old 02-05-2018, 10:56 PM

Liked 221 Times in 151 Posts
Default HOW MUCH DO I DRIFT MY REAR DOVETAIL SIGHT TO MAKE SHOTS MOVE OVER TO RIGHT OF AIM

Hey Guys,

I have very short fingers and believe it or not even a Glock 43 is almost too thick for my fingers to properly reach trigger. The tip of my finger is causing shots at 21ft to print about 2" to 3" to the left of point of aim. In order to get my shots to compensate I have drifted my rear dove tail sight over to the right.

I know without pics it is hard to describe how much I drifted my sights and of course when I go to range I will find out. But for practical purposes the right side of the rear sight is almost flush with the right side of the slide. It looks pretty extreme but my G43 was already drifted over to the right but was still printing left, So I pushed it over even more to the right. Anybody have experience drifting rear sight over to the right to compensate?

I think if I slow fire, my shots will go to the right of bulls eye target because my aim will be true. but as I do quick double taps or controlled pairs, this is when I notice my shots go over to the left about an inch to sometimes two.

Last edited by marathonrunner; 02-05-2018 at 10:59 PM.