View Single Post

Old 02-06-2018, 10:59 AM

Liked 5,435 Times in 1,762 Posts

Even moving the sight to its extreme range is appropriate if that is truly what it takes to bring the point of impact to where it needs to be However, since you have already described your shooting technique as the source of the problem, I would suggest that it might be better to take corrective action upon the shooter.

Shooting left is a common problem encountered by folks trying to master Glock-type pistols, and using dryfire practice to re-learn how to pull the trigger is quite effective. Gun unloaded, sight on a small target. Pull the trigger in your normal fashion while focusing your attention on the sight alignment. You will see the front sight move left at the point of trigger release. Correct for this (usually) by moving your trigger finger's point of trigger contact from the tip more to the center of the trigger finger's pad. Do not attempt to "stage" your trigger pull; rather, concentrate on making a smooth, uninterrupted trigger "stroke" while keeping the sights aligned.

Now, this usually works, but I will freely admit the possibility it won't work for you -- individuals are, well, individuals -- but give it a try before dismissing it. I have coached numerous folks through this problem with great success -- including myself!

Last edited by Pisgah; 02-06-2018 at 11:00 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: