View Single Post

Old 02-08-2018, 05:17 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerSan69 View Post
Stupid all the way to the bank.
We spend way too much time looking at things from our own "narrow" viewpoint. Narrow, in the sense that we don't look at something as useful to others, only if it suits us and us alone.
These days, everything gets market-tested and polled and focus-grouped to the nth degree before it's brought to the general public. Big companies become big companies because they are relatively certain their product has a chance of selling well. Are there exceptions? Of course. Nothing is perfect. But they're entitled to try. And you never know, the folks it IS geared toward might love it.
Clearly, this gun isn't "perfect" in some folks' eyes. That's OK. I just don't see how getting all PO'ed and almost "insulting" about it is so important. Sheesh.
Nothing stupid about researching what the majority out there want rather than what you perceive as what they might like because you happened to like it.

As so many people rightfully point out on this forum a "Grip Safety" does not belong on a gun intended for "EZ" of use particularly when it is a small calibre and is a evey day carry gun which should be simple to use.

Why complicate matters when you are trying to compete with the likes of the fantastic new SIG P365?(I don't like SIG but it is undoubtedly the best gun since the M&P Shield was made).
Don't take my word for\it but let us talk again in 1year from now

Given the timing of this launch Smith &Wesson could have seriously capitalised on the launch of this gun had it been a worthy contender and opponent to SIG's P365.

I am now officially and truly ashamed to utter the words "M&P SHIELD" knowing that this horrible 380 hybrid shares the same Shield family title as my iconic M&P Shield 9mm.
The Following User Likes This Post: