View Single Post

Old 02-08-2018, 06:44 AM

Liked 4,872 Times in 1,883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
With mine, it doesn't matter. Ammo, mags, (I've got five, two flush, three extended), three different guide rods, including a stainless steel. Intermittent FTF with all of the above. Been back to the factory once, the gurus at my LGS have had it twice. No one else can get it to fail. Picking it up tomorrow, giving it one more try. If it fails, it's gone. Hate to let it go, it's a great shooter,,, when it shoots.
That's interesting. I posted on here years ago about my girlfriend's 9mm Shield, right when they first came out. She would get light hits on the primer, and it wouldn't fully go back into battery (sometimes.) No real pattern to it.

We had three other shooters try it (2 men, one woman) and no one could recreate the problem. She doesn't have that problem with any other handgun, either.

It went back to the factory, and of course they said it was within spec (it probably was). The same issue occurred when it came back, so it was sold. The gent that bought it put a few hundred thru it the first weekend without a hiccup.

I think sometimes certain guns won't work for certain people...