View Single Post

Old 02-08-2018, 08:21 PM

Liked 211 Times in 94 Posts

Thanks again guys...and TercGen for chiming in on grips. And thanks to Yoda for the great reference images for grips, etc.

OK...since we are on the topic of CS9's here...and all things related, some feedback on below would be appreciated.

1) I've been searching/reading for quite some time. I've seen some folks say that if you have a 3913, there isn't much utilitarian need for a CS9 (save for "wants", collection, etc)...since the size difference is "negligible". I'm really hoping that it's small enough and light enough (counting on big dog grips here too) to be better for summer carry, wifes small handbag holster, etc. I have 3 3913's already (standard, NL, LS) so wanted feedback of those that have/had both....is it small enough to make a difference in your opinions? Not looking for pocket carry. Just less printing, etc. There are simply very few 9mm options for all metal DA/SA guns notably smaller than 3913's. Several options for SAO (P938, etc), .380 caliber (NAA guardian, Seecamps, PPK, P232,etc), and plastic/striker fired. But I'm a metal DA/SA lovin' fool!

2) DA/SA vs. DAO. As you all know, these are getting hard to come by. I've been watching online for some time. I've seen DAO CS9D come up and have been tempted. But I do love the 3rd gen DA/SA trigger for follow up shots, longer distance targets, etc. Only real advantage i see to DAO is less parts like manual safety, and less to think about (pull it out, pull the trigger). But I use safety as decock only for the most part...so I'm presenting/shooting already. Triggers about the same in DAO? pull weight? Am I missing something...what do you DAO guys love about them, compared to their SA/DA siblings?
The Following 2 Users Like Post: