Thread: NEWS JUST IN!
View Single Post

Old 02-09-2018, 04:53 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Made View Post
I have one on order too. Anyone have any idea of how we will install these without crushing the Carbon fiber shroud? Maybe the CF is strong enough to be clamped in a vise without harm? Anyway, I’m sure they will come with instructions.
If you have never taken the front of the upper off, here is a short version. The handguard is held in by kind of nut way down inside the handguard that is actually the barrel nut also. That is what the Tacticool22 tool is for and the kit should come with a pair of aluminum vise plates for your vise. Slide the tool in and then clamp the end of the barrel and turn the tool to loosen everything. Should come with a replacement barrel nut but not sure as VQ may expect people just to reassemble the rifle with the stock on back on. Anyway VQ CF barrels have stainless steel ends so the vise panels should go around that fine. Reassemble and use the tool to clamp the barrel back in. If it does not include the Tacticool22 barrel nut and you want to put a different handguard on it now would be the time to buy that. It installs differently than the stock S&W barrel nut.
Race AR22.jpg

This shows my 15-22 (top) and my AR-22 with the same Taccom CF handguard thanks to the Tacticool22 barrel nut adapter.

Last edited by photoracer18; 02-09-2018 at 04:56 PM.