Thread: S&W GOVERNOR
View Single Post

Old 02-10-2018, 10:22 PM

Liked 70 Times in 35 Posts

I took my Governor to the range today for its first road test and Come Away with mixed results. First off when it fired it was very accurate and nice to see, but secondly, I am getting light strikes, failure to fire, especially on the 410 shotgun loads. I am getting about 20% failure with the 45lc , and 50% failure with the 410 shotshell. So I brought it home and try to adjust the main string with the strain screw. Come to find out the strain screw was turned all the way, in as far as it will go, so there is no adjustment I can make with it. I did have in my Supply another strain screw from a Smith & Wesson 686 revolver which is a 16th of an inch longer than the stock strain screw, so I put it in to try it. I don't know if this is a good test or not but I primed up 18 rounds of Long Colt and found the point where the rounds were consistently being fired and had a half of turn extra on the screw, and that's where it stands right now. I have done some research online and this appears to be and issue others have had with this gun and some have sent it back to Smith & Wesson and they put a new firing pin and strain screw in they're gun. Looks like I might be calling Smith & Wesson Monday and seeing what they have to say.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Like Post: