View Single Post

Old 02-15-2018, 07:49 PM
US Veteran

Liked 13,163 Times in 4,566 Posts

On the assumption you want to carry an easily concealable revolver your choices are a J frame or...........nope, that's it. Under easily concealable that's all there is. After that you have to do some homework. I wouldn't own a .44 Magnum, never mind carry one, unless I stoked it with .44 Special cartridges but, even then, it's a tank. Not my idea of all day carry but, obviously, we have friends that disagree with me (see above).

Next is a short barreled M686 or M66. Or M986 is you want a 9mm revolver to accompany your 9mm pistols. The 686 is called Deluxe, I think, and has a 3" barrel. The 66 has a 2.75" and the 986 maybe a 2". I can't recall for sure offhand. But after J frames that is what I consider to be possible concealed carry revolvers.

Since you said "carrying" that's where I would go - except I really like older, 2" K frames for daily carry and that's what I am carrying today. I don't use .357 Magnum for self defense; over penetration is one reason. I think .38 Special will suffice. But if you get a .357 you can load .38s so you're good to go there, anyway.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: