View Single Post

Old 02-15-2018, 08:07 PM

Liked 11,453 Times in 3,023 Posts

Most folks think J frame these days when it comes to a carry revolver. And if pocket carry is what you want, then a J frame makes sense.

But, back "in the day", men carried K frames concealed on belt holsters, and did so quite successfully. 6 shots instead of 5, more user friendly grip, better DA trigger pull, and overall better "shootability" were the benefits. .357's out of any J frame are a handful. Much more controllable in a K frame, and despite what some think, there is a real difference in stopping power between a 38spl and a full house .357. The extra slight increase in weight? Some are more sensitive than me I guess, but I have never considered the added weight of a K frame in a well designed holster / belt to be an issue. In a new gun, the 2 3/4 inch 66 looks good. Plenty of older, used choices out there as well. For years I carried a 4 inch 66, or a 4 inch 586 in both shoulder and belt holsters, concealed, without issue. I enjoyed the confidence they gave me to project reasonable power (357 mag) with better accuracy at distance and speed, compared to a J frame. Its not always just about the mythical 2.5 shots at 10 feet in 4 seconds that some base their carry choices on.

Just my opinion, of course..

Larry

Last edited by Fishinfool; 02-15-2018 at 08:19 PM.
The Following 12 Users Like Post: