View Single Post

Old 02-17-2018, 10:44 PM

Liked 105 Times in 61 Posts

Ok I'll probably have to do this over several posts, so bear with me as I get time to upload and post pics. Tonight I figured out how to save pictures and played around with a couple different illuminators. Tonight was a moonless, overcast, misty, foggy night, about the worst conditions you could ask for short of full rain storm. All the pics in this post are using the Sniper Hawg 50LRX, which is the best I've tried so far. The stock IR850 is good, but doesn't focus as tight as the 50LRX.
The first pic is a gate just under 100yds from me.
The second pic is a semi trailer I'm using for storage, about 150yds. Middle pic is a telephone pole that is almost 200yds. Fourth pic is a 55 gallon barrel laying on its side with bottom facing me about 150yds away. Last pic is a bush about 120yds.
Looking thru the scope is actually clearer than it looks in the pics. I didn't have it mounted to the rifle, just holding it free hand, so some of the grainy resolution is probably due to me not holding the scope steady enough. I'm still getting the hang of adjusting zoom and focus, but all of these pics are on lowest zoom, 3x. I was able to zoom in on a tree line across a field about 400yds away, and I could see good details, but the pics didn't come out clear. When zoomed in on high power, I just can't hold the scope steady enough free hand, so next time I'll mount the scope and get out the led sled and try to get some pics zoomed in at high power and greater distances. For now, my opinion hasn't changed much. I think I am going to be able to use this scope just fine up to 200yds on a dark night, and maybe further on moonlight. Hope to get a moonlit night one of these days.
The reviews I read about battery life are definitely correct. It eats four regular AA batteries within an hour and lithiums within 2hrs. Tonight I used my Power Rock external cell phone battery for a power source. This is small rechargeable pack, 2800mah, that will charge my samsung S5 about twice and it lasted for a good two hours. I have ordered the ATN external pack, but it hasn't arrived yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ATNX0035.jpg (29.0 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg ATNX0050.jpg (28.7 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg ATNX0088.jpg (14.8 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg ATNX0099.jpg (15.7 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg ATNX0057.jpg (22.4 KB, 185 views)

Last edited by hugger-4641; 02-17-2018 at 11:29 PM.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: