View Single Post

Old 02-19-2018, 09:30 AM

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luger9x19 View Post
The reason you have to stagger the rounds is because of the rim of the cartridge does not allow them to stack on top of each other well. If the rim is on top of the rim, it causes the tip of the bullet to tilt down. With the rounds tilted downward they don't feed up to the lips in proper alignment.

The more rounds you put directly on top of each other magnifies the tilt. This is probably why you don't have the problem with the ten round magazines. (you should stagger the rounds in them too).

Let us know how your range trip goes.

Good luck and good shooting.
OK, that is EXACTLY what happens to me. When the mag jams the top round's tip is tilted down and won't feed. I loaded up four mags with the instructions you all gave me and I am anxious to try them out this coming Sunday. I will let my grandson do most of the shooting with these mags so it will be third party tested!

Thanks for your patient and detailed tips (even a video!). I love this little rifle and the 25-rd mag jams were the only irritation about it. Hopefully this resolves the issue and I can finally stock up on more 25-rdrs so I can preload for an entire range session.

Last edited by NWPilgrim; 02-19-2018 at 09:31 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: