View Single Post

Old 02-19-2018, 09:21 PM

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Question 15/22 compared to 10/20?

I am seriously considering a M&P®15-22 SPORT™ M-LOK™ SKU 10208 for rimfire events. Some folks have suggested I might do better with a Ruger 10/22 Tactical ATI AR-22 Model 11198.

I did my first rimfire event Saturday using a borrowed 10/22 carbine with a TrueGlo RDS. First time at such an event and first time with a 10/20. He had a bolt release and extended mag release on it. It was light, easy to use, hit the metal plates as required. All in all, a hoot. I don’t know if he had a trigger mod; it felt comfortable though. It was obvious to me the bolt release and mag extension were very “necessary” for that type event.

The two things that were distracting for me were the mags and last round fired action. I quickly learned that I needed to pre-count the rds so I knew I had 10rds in the mag. No problem, have to do that with my pill holder. The last round fired bolt action continued to distract. On my Mk III 22/45 the action was open after the last round and all I had to do was drop the mag and show the timer it was cleared. On the 10/22 I had to remember to pull the charger and then drop the mag. No big deal if you are use to it, but everything I have used before stayed open.

As far as I know, only one mod is available for the 10/22 to provide the auto stay open after last round feature but I have not read a lot of discussion about it?

I have read the 15/22 does remain open after last round. I have never used a 15/22. I have read that a trigger change will be probably be necesssary.

So, would those of you that have used both rifles please share your insights and advice with me.

Thanks,

Mike
The Following 2 Users Like Post: