View Single Post

Old 02-19-2018, 11:37 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,996 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPac View Post
Whatever you get, I would suggest having someone proficient give it a check up to make everything is kosher, especially if buying modern production for a conceal carry piece.

The reason I say this, and only one other person mentioned hesitancy towards modern production S&Ws, is because I would not personally bet my life on a new production S&W revolver I haven't examined for myself to make sure all the fitting/function is up to spec.

Now, this applies to any revolvers, including ones made in the last 60yrs, but is even more pertinent nowadays. An out of the box S&W made last month would not be instantly placed on my hip for duty. It would require a complete gunsmith inspection first, then actually shooting/testing of it. Older guns would be held to much less scrutiny but still inspected first too, that's just common sense.

To each their own though. That's just my opinion if life could be on the line, because way too many people just think revolvers are fail proof. Yeah, that's true, if they are built properly (perfectly) and tested.
IMHO, THIS IS VERY GOOD ADVICE ! ! !

MANY THREADS AND COMMENTS ON THIS VERY FORUM, HAVE LED ME TO BELIEVE, THAT MUCH OF THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR QUALITY CONTROL, OF BRAND NEW, S&W PRODUCTS--EVEN PC GUNS--HAS BEEN SHIFTED TO THE END USER. THAT MEANS, TO THE CUSTOMERS LIKE YOU AND ME....

I'M SURE THAT THOSE OF US WHO HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR AWHILE, CAN RECALL COMPLAINTS ABOUT GUNS THAT --IN ANY REASONABLE PERSON'S OPINION--SHOULD HAVE NEVER LEFT THE FACTORY, IN THE CONDITION THAT THEY WERE IN. INSTANCES OF THE SAME NEW GUN, BEING SENT BACK, FOR THE VERY SAME PROBLEM, MORE THAN ONCE, ARE NOT UNHEARD OF....

IMHO--THE FACT THAT A PRODUCT IS UNDER WARRANTY, SHOULD NOT ABSOLVE THE MANUFACTURER OF THEIR RESPONSIBILITY, TO DELIVER A SAFE AND RELIABLE WEAPON--EACH AND EVERY TIME--THAT CAN BE USED TO DEFEND ONE'S LIFE, OR ONE'S HOME, RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX ! ! !

THAT'S NOT THE WAY IT IS, HOWEVER, SO YOU NEED TO TAKE PROPER PRECAUTIONS, BEFORE YOU BET YOUR LIFE ON ANY FIREARM, THAT IS NEW TO YOU.....

Last edited by one eye joe; 02-19-2018 at 11:47 PM.