Thread: Pancho's Pistol
View Single Post

Old 02-21-2018, 09:42 AM

Liked 508 Times in 196 Posts

Pancho Villa and Emiliano Zapata had a lot of guns during the Mexican Revolution. And still today emerge revolvers or rifles with their names engraved.

A few years ago a friend of mine aproach with a rifle that belonged to a deceased friend of him, and the widow ask him if the rifle had any value. It was a Winchester Lever action with gold inlays that read "GENERAL EMILIANO ZAPATA" and the Mexican National crest.

By researching the serial number we found out that it was made in 1915.We took the rifle to a gunsmith friend of mine. After examination of the piece. He told us that it was a very common practice by jewelers and gunsmiths in Mexico during the 30's and 40's to engrave rifles, shotguns, revolvers, pistols, machetes, sables and any other thing that you can imagine with the names of Zapata, Pancho Villa and other famous characters of the revolutionary period.

This remind me of the faked LEICA cameras that appear in Rusia a few years ago with nazi simbols.......guess a sucker is born every minute