Thread: CC for the Mrs
View Single Post

Old 02-23-2018, 02:23 PM
US Veteran

Liked 18,466 Times in 5,056 Posts

This is a great thread, and not just for dddddmorgan's wife.

How does anybody decide what to carry and how? Did anyone here wake up one morning and intuitively know, "Oh, I want a S&W Centennial snub-nose loaded with Speer SBHP .38 Special ammo and a Lobo Enhanced Pancake holster with 1¾" belt loops riding on a Milt Sparks lined belt." Uh, no!

Research, a friend, a family member, this forum, the gang at the lgs, books, magazines and maybe other sources helped each of us make a decision. That first decision may not have been the right one, either. That's why so many here talk about the drawer full of holsters and stocks (grips). Does anyone really "get it right" the first time?

Maybe, but I sure didn't so why do we suggest "the best" solution for a newbie with the belief "this" is the right gun and leather for "you"? I'm not hammering anyone for their suggestions; I've done the same thing in other threads. This thread, though, brought this to my mind. We can all offer the "this is what works for me (after how many different guns, holsters and grips?)," but none of us can say, "This will work for you!"

The great inputs in this thread have led the OP to the best solution: have his wife try a bunch of things and see which seems to be the right one for her. Nothing at all wrong with him "helping" her with ideas he's collected here and from his own research; we all had a hand along the way. In the end she'll make her decision based on what seems right for her.

Last edited by two-bit cowboy; 02-23-2018 at 02:25 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: