View Single Post

Old 02-23-2018, 07:53 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 9,947 Times in 3,657 Posts

A gentleman up above said (to the effect) a home intruder is usually deterred when confronted with a gun----interesting word that, "confronted". If that means warned, or threatened, let me suggest that's giving a sucker an even break---and that is in marked contrast to the old adage: "Never give a sucker an even break."

Let me suggest further the only thing one should do with a gun when encountering a home invader is shoot it----as many times as possible---in as little time as possible---all the while making every effort to remember the goal of shooting a gun is to hit your target.

It occurs to me most regular, everyday, law abiding folks tend to be more or less rational----also that most regular, everyday, law breaking folks do not tend to be rational. Accordingly, any "let's make a deal" encounters between good guys and bad guys are doomed from the get-go. The good guy is focused on making the bad guy go away. The bad guy is focused on achieving the objective in mind when he came in to your house---or tried to come into your house. There's no deal to be made here.

The moral of this story is uninvited guests are fair game.

Ralph Tremaine
The Following 4 Users Like Post: