View Single Post

Old 02-24-2018, 09:33 AM
US Veteran

Liked 1,924 Times in 608 Posts
Post one school is trying it

Well near here in “Mayberry” in at least one school teachers and staff have been armed since I believe the article states 2016 and as I recall when they took that stance for the reasons of this topic.

The school is every bit of 20 minutes away from law enforcement. You’ll ask why so far, it is in farming community that is one of the earliest in our county with a few small stores and agra businesses that support our farmers who rely on them to do their job to feed a hungry nation.

And my thoughts would ring with many others, upgrade doors and windows at these centers of education at least on the ground floor levels as well as a metal detector at specific ground entrances otherwise you do not enter the building. Others will argue that metal detectors won’t work, but it is a deterrent and shame on the school district that doesn’t keep up with the maintenance of these devices. As always, if the football field needs new grass there would be money for that, new electric write on boards in the classrooms at many thousands of dollars each no problem, and on and on and on.

Please read the article.

terry

School staff armed at Bright Local in Highland County - Times Gazette
The Following 9 Users Like Post: