View Single Post

Old 02-24-2018, 11:21 AM

Liked 1,364 Times in 560 Posts

The right to defend oneself should be their decision. If a teacher wants to carry and can pass a proper training and evaluation process showing they are responsible enough and mentally fit enough, then more power to them.

The reason I say this, is because if anyone studies Supreme Court precedents, you will find out that law enforcement has long been held to have NO constitutional obligation to protect us.

That throws a wrench into those who argue for calling the cops and waiting. A perfect example was the deputy on scene in FL who would not engage cause he was scared. Perfectly legal for him to do so.

Now, teachers/faculty actually have more of an obligation to protect students because of the "temporary guardian" status they take.

The best thing to do before deciding any legislation or voting, is to study, study, study and learn how to make the constitution work for us. Like how the Dick Act of 1902/03 is pretty much another strike in our favor when it comes to 2A, and we might need to pull that card soon.

As for what gun I would use if teacher, it be a hi-cap compact like my PX4.

Last edited by iPac; 02-24-2018 at 11:25 AM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: