View Single Post

Old 02-24-2018, 11:36 AM
US Veteran

Liked 3,996 Times in 1,627 Posts

a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old cop View Post
Both of our girls are terrible shots and pretty much hate going to the range. That said I gave them both a .22 revolver, a S&W 317 snub to one and a Ruger all steel snub to the other. When I take them shooting w/me they like those guns and a .22 is better than a harsh word from a shakey voice. Neither have their ccw permit so one keeps her gun in her hair styling shop and the other at home. It gives me some measure of comfort knowing their dad did something to help in an emergency.
LMAO, Old cop. "a harsh word from a shaky voice" IS JUST SO FUNNY TO READ. SADLY, HOWEVER, IT IS THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION......

IMHO (AND YOU WOULD KNOW BETTER THAN I) MOST FELONS ARE LOOKING FOR SOFT TARGETS. WHEN CONFRONTED BY A DETERMINED YOUNG LADY WITH A GUN, THEY WOULD RATHER RETREAT, THAN GET SHOT. CALIBER IS INSIGNIFICANT, IN SUCH A SCENARIO. EVEN IF THEY SURVIVE, THEY WOULD BE FACED WITH THE NEED TO SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT FOR A GUNSHOT WOUND. IT JUST GETS TOO COMPLICATED, AND MESSY.......

OF COURSE, IF THE CRIMINAL IS INCAPABLE OF THAT LEVEL OF CRITICAL THINKING--BY REASON OF A LOW IQ, OR DUE TO BEING HIGH ON DRUGS, OR BOTH--A CYLINDER FULL OF HI-VEL, 40GR, .22LR, IS CAPABLE OF DOING A LOT OF DAMAGE, AND MAY PUT AN END TO THREAT, ALTOGETHER......

I THINK THAT YA DONE GOOD, Old cop.........