View Single Post

Old 02-24-2018, 12:50 PM

Liked 1,305 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPac View Post
The right to defend oneself should be their decision. If a teacher wants to carry and can pass a proper training and evaluation process showing they are responsible enough and mentally fit enough, then more power to them.

The reason I say this, is because if anyone studies Supreme Court precedents, you will find out that law enforcement has long been held to have NO constitutional obligation to protect us.

That throws a wrench into those who argue for calling the cops and waiting. A perfect example was the deputy on scene in FL who would not engage cause he was scared. Perfectly legal for him to do so.
I've been hearing a lot of stuff on TV about the police officer / officers and their actions at the Florida school shooting.

Personally I do not think anyone knows how they are going to react in an emergency. If you have never been in a situlation like that ,, how are you going to react? I would like to think training, practice , attitude would kick in. But , I don't really think anybody knows until it happens.

I do not know all the details about the officers, and do not wish to condemn someone without knowing the facts.
( or even condemn them if I did know the facts. they have to live with what they did and that's the worst thing I can think of)

Nothing against police officers ,, I think they have a hard job , and most of the time do a good job..
But like the old saying,, "when seconds count the police are only minutes away.."

And like iPac stated, the police are not required to protect you ,, lots of folks found that out during the LA riots several years ago..

Last edited by old&slow; 02-24-2018 at 01:42 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: