View Single Post

Old 02-25-2018, 07:38 AM

Liked 1,607 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbm6893 View Post
I work in a school now and do not see it happening in most areas. Too much to go wrong. Complaints from students “he asked me to put my phone away and I felt threatened because he had a gun”. Breaking up fights? Not me. Law requires me to call the SRO, and that’s all. I have never seen administration back up a teacher when complaints from parents come in and lawyers get involved.

It is MY experience that SRO’s are generally do nothing cops who want weekends off. This 33 year vet who cowardly stayed outside had been an SRO for 25 years. That tells me something. So putting cops at schools is certainly not a bad idea, but no solution.

How about we untie the hands of cops, school officials, social workers, and doctors and allow these nut jobs to be forcibly removed without the ACLU getting involved? 39 visits by the police and nothing done. Multiple suspensions and nothing done. Kid found with ammunition and weapons on campus, not to mention assaults, and the SRO didn’t arrest, which would have prevented him from buyin that weapon in a gun store. Right after the shooting, kids interviewed said when it happened, they knew it was him. And nothing done.

Or we can have a town hall where gun owners get painted as murderers while the Sheriff, whose own officers were at this kids house 39 times, and at least 4 of his own officers stood outside while the carnage went on, gets to roast the NRA spokesperson.

There’s no solution for any of this that will ever fly. I think gun owners are screwed. My kids won’t experience the shooting sports like I do.
Very well stated and I couldn't agree more. I'm 69 and believe I will see guns so severely restricted that my children/grandchildren may not even be able to have my guns at the end of my life.
If anyone thinks outlawing AR's, AK's etc. are going stop those bent on disarming America you're dead wrong. Better get your "boating accidents" planned out for your handguns.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: