View Single Post

Old 02-25-2018, 08:19 AM

Liked 2,220 Times in 1,031 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuzzFuzz View Post
Mother Superior with a gun? Oh I hope not.

As Cadmike and kbm6893 have stated, all of this is more of a knee jerk reaction to the shootings at the schools.

I think the underlying questions is, "Has the U.S. broken down so bad, that law and order has been reduced to the Law of the first, or the one who can shoot first and the best?

To be sure, the 2nd says we have the right to arm ourselves, to protect our homes, or ourselves from harm.

But are we turning into a bunch of vigilantes, where we are going to take over the duties of law enforcement?

Guns in schools, how is this going to fly in say California, Oregon, Washington, New York?

Is not the old adage, A ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?

For me, arming teachers. that's a No Go. Their first and foremost duty is to teach.

Please, someone tell me, since the shooting from the hotel in Las Vegas, are all of the house keepers supposed to be armed too? or station a armed person on each floor of the hotel?

Someone please tell me why, in the years prior to say the 1980's, 70's 60's 50's that shootings in school was not a problem. Young boys had guns back then too. What has changed? That is the question to be answered, and repaired.

WuzzFuzz
You make very good points indeed .
The Following User Likes This Post: