View Single Post

Old 02-25-2018, 11:45 AM

Liked 7,601 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt G View Post
At least if I had been armed, I would have had something those in Florida didn't have. .....a chance. The outcome could be that we all die, but at least we would then have a chance.

Why would my right to protect myself diminish simply because I'm a teacher?
This to me is the real philosophical question. We have been talking about protecting the kids but ignoring the the more basic question of self defense. A teachers right to self protection is also part of the question that is ignored by many.

We carry to first protect our selves and then others. That is a very basic human right. I've never understood why some would deny other the ability to protect themselves.

I may be assuming incorrectly but I think almost everyone here fully supports the idea of carry to protect ourselves. Many here won't go places, if at all possible, where carry is denied. We won't do business with certain business that feel our carrying is some how a danger to others around us. Strangely I see some here voicing that same opinion when it comes to adults carrying around children in schools. Some how carrying puts those children at risk.

You need to really ask yourselves if teachers carrying put children at risk and should not be allowed then doesn't it follow that anyone carrying anywhere put others at risk and no one should be allowed to carry. Of course we understand that thinking is flawed. Self defense is a one of the most basic rights. It speaks directly to the right to life.

Sadly there are those that do feel that carry puts others at risk; therefore no one should be able to carry or own a firearm for protection of themselves or others. Right now they are being very vocal about that subject.

A teacher has as much right to self defense as any other person. They should never be denied the ability to carry just because of where they work and because they work with children. Like anyone that carries they have a responsibility to always have control of their firearm and no how to use it safely. They should always have the ability to make that very personal choice. That choice should not be left up to others to decide for the teacher anyone else. It is a personal choice.

Why would anyone of us deny a teacher the ability to defend themselves. A teacher carrying also has the added benefit of giving our children a chance and added level of protection.

Last edited by Bill Bates; 02-25-2018 at 11:50 AM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: