View Single Post

Old 02-25-2018, 12:13 PM

Liked 13,528 Times in 5,112 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
I'm in before the lock!

By the way, many teachers and administrators do not want firearms in or around school property, regardless of training.
Teacher's unions are generally opposed to the concept of armed teachers. I do not see the concept of armed teachers going any further than making sensational headlines for news rags, tv, radio, and the internet.
Wow sounds like the capital district's view on that subject. Course I tend to detect a spin by the people interviewed on the "news" broadcast and op-eds. It looks like they are saying that they do not want to be forced to carry guns, and of course that is not what’s going to happen. The gun carry would only go to people in the school system that wants to be armed!

As this is NYS and we have some very serious gun control here the amount of people legally able to have weapons would be quite small to begin with. Then try getting the school administrations approve for competent trained people, no one would be approved. Grudgingly sworn LEOs could still be armed in the schools. Though many in the administration would fight it as they would prefer to keep the schools a "gun free zone".