View Single Post

Old 02-25-2018, 01:02 PM
US Veteran

Liked 50,497 Times in 6,016 Posts

Properly vetted discreetly armed adults in groups do not bother me at all. For seven years, I worked daily at Dillon Precision; only two requirements had to be met to carry on the job - be a CCW holder, and let the company know you are carrying.

In my estimation, about half the employees carried on a regular basis. Many of us were ex-military, and quite a few participated in regular competition shoots of one form or another.

I can honestly say that I felt safer working there than any other civilian employment I experienced.

If I were a teacher, discreet carry allowed AND professional training were provided, what gun would I choose?

This Kahr .45 was designed from the ground up as a discreet carry piece. It's slim - 1.01" in width. It's light - 22 oz. with unloaded magazine. Fine motor skills not required to operate - with one in the chamber, just pull the smooth (5.5 lbs pull weight) double action trigger. I've found that by staging the trigger, considerable precision can be achieved. Like a revolver, no manual safety to fool with. 7 rounds all up, and another 6 in a spare magazine give 13 rounds available. +P ammo can be used, and HP .45s will not over-penetrate. Reliability on mine has been 100% for many, many years.

John

Last edited by PALADIN85020; 02-25-2018 at 01:41 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: