View Single Post

Old 02-25-2018, 03:23 PM

Liked 234 Times in 152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversnake View Post
I'm a teacher and I love to see so many people telling me I don't "need" to be armed. Do I tell you how to protect yourself at your job?

No, I've never had to break up a fight, nor have I ever "loaded and unloaded" my carry pistol while out and about.
I'm with ya'! Except, I have had to break up several fights, and actually had to "defend" myself from an aggressive student once. At no point did it cross my mind to draw a concealed weapon. There are tons of ways to deescalate disruptive behavior, that most teachers are already trained in.

This idea of teachers "snapping" or pulling out their guns to gain compliance is as false of an argument as the libtards spout about "blood in the streets" and "shootouts like the OK Corral" when Constitutional Carry laws, or college campus carry laws, are enacted. Teachers are people, highly educated and dedicated to serving children; they are no more prone to wild antics in the classroom than outside of it (and no more prone to "losing it" than ... police officers, postal workers, etc.), and they should be allowed the OPTION to defend themselves in schools just as well as they are provided that option outside of schools (including in the same spaces that kids gather regularly - theaters, parks, malls, etc.).
The Following User Likes This Post: