View Single Post

Old 02-25-2018, 08:28 PM

Liked 474 Times in 196 Posts
Default I'll be simple

I will toss in my ideas, how about rotating regular duty officers for their weekly day at the school..no one officer is there too long to become overly complacent, hire more officers with some kind of federal grant. Officers will have a metal detector wand like at outdoor events,wanding those they feel like checking. Classrooms could be fitted with a falling bar/latch lock operated from inside the room only. If funding allowed airport style detection it probably would bottleneck ingress and egress to the point that it would eventually be bypassed by impatient staff and students, I don't see students and staff putting up with lines in rain snow or heat for long. The system needs to be somewhat simplified and yet provide an improvement over what we have..supplant these with removal of the gun free status and allow those who are legal to conceal to do so if they want to. This is all coming from a father with three children currently in public schools..Nothing would make me smile bigger than to show up tomorrow morning to drop off my girls at school and see a officer or two at their school with a AR15 slung over his shoulder wearing a vest and a detector in hand, knowing I could carry concealed right inside if needed.