View Single Post

Old 02-26-2018, 12:51 AM

Liked 1,047 Times in 475 Posts

I don't see why my suggestion of "Target Hardening" was ridiculed by the next poster, but that's his opinion.

It might surprise some to know that there is such a thing as security by design - schools, offices and other buildings don't always have to be architectural masterpieces. Safety can be designed into a structure. Nor do they need to be wide open killing fields.

As to my reference to Israel, I offered that suggestion as an example of a place where they have had success in that program - I know they are a country under siege, that doesn't change the fact that their plans work.

Where is this crazy idea coming from that ALL TEACHERS will need to be armed? It is an idea offered as an option - as so eloquently put by one poster above, when he is in his locked classroom, with the students in a corner and the assailant enters- you want to have something other than a book to throw at him. No clearing hallways, no searching, simply a last stand and some chance of survival as an armed, concealed carrying citizen.

Furthermore, many posts are now getting into tactics, weaponry, etc. These things will probably continue to happen in our damaged society, there is no guarantee that the next one will have a AR15 or anything like that - Virginia Tech was handguns, for one example, again the idea of a teachers choosing to be armed, would allow that teacher to make a stand in their classroom, when cornered, not doing a Rambo act throughout the campus.