Thread: Pancho's Pistol
View Single Post

Old 02-26-2018, 02:22 AM
US Veteran

Liked 285 Times in 87 Posts

In 1962 or 1963 My Wife and I, before we were married and two other couples drove from Carthage Mo to the Bagnell Dam on Lake Of The Ozarks close to Rockaway Beach Mo. To go Water Skiing for the weekend. Well We all went to Bagnell Dam to eat at a nice restaurant the way I remember it. And while we were there walking around taking in the sights. We found a Gun Show going on. And us guys finally convinced the girls that we should all go to the Gun Show and look around because none of the Girls had ever been to one of them. And My soon to be wife ((( MARTHA ))) was not to happy about this idea and was pretty vocal about it. However we all decided to go to the Gun Show any way. Almost as soon as we all got in we saw a lite large glass cabinet that was revolving around & around. And in that glass case was the most beautiful Nickel Plated fully engraved Single Action 45 Colt with Ivory Grips that had carved Steer Heads on both side that had big red rubies for the eyes. That they said the Gun had belong to Pancho Villa and was worth $10 Zillion Dollars and that was the most breathtaking Old Colt that I had ever seen in my life. And I looked and drooled over that Old SA Colt for as long as I could befor Martha drug me away. Well we got about 1/2 way thru the Gun Show and all HE## broke loose Alarms were going off and the light were lashing and there were cops all over the place and they close all the doors. Someone had stolen Pancho Villas Colt out of that glass cabinet and the place turned into a madhouse. People were Pushing a Pulling and Cussing and Yelling. And of all thing someone close to where we were all standing said the Cops were Strip Searching everyone before they would let them leave the building. And about that exact time Three Big Missouri Highway Patrols came up to us and told us to come with them. Well it got really ugly real fast when they grabbed Martha and I by the arm and said for us to come with them. Now all they were going to do was lead us out of the building but Martha thought they were really going to Strip Search Her right there. And the fight was on, Martha pulled away from the Missouri HP`s and started to make a run for it knocking over tables and displays as She went. Well every time they even got close to grabbing ahold of her the more tables and displays that were knocked over and I was trying to help the HP`s`s by this time. Finally one of the HP`s asked if i knew Her and I said yes and He said just try to grab Her and push Her out threw the exit. Which I was finally able to do. And when I finally got Martha outside in the alley a HP was yelling at me, to just take that damn crazy woman out of the area. Well our fun water skiing weekend kinda stopped right there. And We got in my car and went home and Martha didn't speak to me once the whole 2 +hour drive back to Carthage. Martha still to this day doesn't care much about Gun Shows.
ken