View Single Post

Old 02-26-2018, 09:14 AM

Liked 9,405 Times in 4,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLH View Post
Hey cool EricR !

well, the discussion has my hopes up that the seller isn’t married to the idea his gun is worth $1,000

the situation gets more involved in that my interest started with his other gun- a K22 Masterpiece model 17 that I also want, same scenario - he’s the original owner, very few rounds and ( supposedly) in mint condition

i only learned of the 14-4 after making contact regarding the 17

id take ‘em both if I can -

im wondering if $1400 - $1500 cash would be fair to both of us- in that he could realize a quick sale without incurring auction, paypal, charge card fees etc

if I could only get one , the 14-4 might be the more unique item to be able to get ...
This pairing is about as good as it gets in the revolver department. I have the same two, only a couple of decades older (1948 vintage) and out of a couple of dozen guns they are two of my favorites. Others might disagree, but if I were going to be limited to one of the pair, I’d probably go with the K22 because it gets the most range time for me, while YMMV.

As far as hurting collectibility, if you put the box and docs away in a clean, dry place and take proper care of the guns themselves as you use them, their value will rise a lot faster than any loss due to usage... this is pretty much true of any good firearm, but especially of classics like these. BTW, if the cleaning kits are unopened, they are best left that way and stored away with the boxes. Cleaning kits and supplies are cheap compared to the prices these items bring in a sale as a collectible.

Good luck with your negotiations and for guns of this quality don’t try to “cheap out” too much on the seller or he’ll probably find another buyer. I’m thinking that in today’s market your $1500 cash offer sounds about reasonable to you both.

Froggie
The Following User Likes This Post: