View Single Post

Old 02-28-2018, 11:43 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 22,574 Times in 5,847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunarSailors View Post
I have a question/observation about the SCSW 4th. In the Performance Center chapter under the 27-7 it gives 2 product codes only for blued guns. It doesn't mention any nickel guns and I am pretty sure they made 100 of the 4 inch and 100 of the 6 1/2 inch for Bangers in nickel as well. So going on to the 27-8 section at the end of the description it gives quite a few mysterious product codes to me. 170310 and 170311 could be model 27-7s (the nickel 4 and 6 1/2 inch 8 shot product codes). Then again, the 4 inch and 6 1/2 inch blue product codes are different than what the Bangers blue product codes are. What about the others, has anyone seen one of those 8 3/4 inch 8 shots? It talks about bright blue and blue too. Any input?
Just because a SKU was assigned, does not mean revolvers were produced.

Bangers only produced 2 of the variations they had originally contracted for, both were blue. I do not know what the issue was that split Bangers and S&W apart, but none of the other revolvers were ever produced.

So far there have only been 6 variations of carbons steel, 8 shot, Model 27s manufactured by Smith and Wesson. Two came from Bangers and 4 came from Lew Horton

Here is one of each variation. All 6 revolvers in this photo bear the same serial number with different prefixes.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: