View Single Post

Old 03-01-2018, 05:14 AM

Liked 28,617 Times in 5,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddollar View Post
I travel out of state to visit relatives, and hope that reciprocity from their home states regarding the permits I have will protect me. When Ohio finally decided to honor Pa. Licenses to Carry Firearms, I wanted to find out how my License would be recognized.

I was at a gun show in Ohio and there was a booth for an Ohio firearms association. I asked them how a PA License to Carry would be treated. The people there really didn't know and suggested talking with the State Trooper who was there. So I asked him what would happen if I was pulled over in Ohio and found to be carrying a concealed firearm while holding a license from another state. He said that the license would be checked to see if it was issued by a reciprocating state.

So then I asked, "Is that a 5 minute or a 5 hour process?"

He then proceeded to give me a boatload of attitude that I shouldn't carry a loaded gun in a vehicle and should carry the gun and ammunition separate. I thought I asked a legitimate question to see if I got stopped in Ohio whether I would soon be on my way or spending a night in jail.

So my question to all is have you ever been pulled over while carrying concealed using a permit issued by a state different from the one you were pulled over in? How were you treated? What was the end result from the stop? Thank you for your time.

Ya just had to poke the Bear with a stick, didn't ya.

Sounds like you got just what you asked for.