View Single Post

Old 03-03-2018, 11:40 AM

Liked 2,047 Times in 648 Posts

I love all the blinders that S&W owners put on about their race to the bottom Sport II AR15s. M&P built this rifle to hit a price point. They have modified the configuration from its original offering in order to get production costs down so they can continue to move the metal. It is a budget rifle designed and made to meet a budget price point. There is nothing wrong with that but it is what it is. I do not understand why people are so quick to bash the OP. He didn't call your wife ugly he stated that the gun he bought malfunctioned the first time he went out to shoot it. He is understandably upset and has lost faith in S&W and the rifle he purchased. Why so much hate? Why do so many people refute and disbelieve that this actually happened? Why the need to call someone who you know nothing about a liar and a fraud? Seems pretty petty to me.

The way I read it S&W replaced or repaired the rifle but would not offer an explanation as to what happened. This is to be expected. When there is a failure of this nature it is rare that the company will disclose what possibly could be a defect in the product. Doing so opens them up to liability.

Why the blind allegiance to the brand? S&W like every other manufacturer makes mistakes. S&W has a great track record of correcting them. I can however understand that if you are unfamiliar with S&W and the AR15 platform, which the OP appears to be if you did not get an explanation of what went wrong you might be wary of using a replacement Sport II.

If you have owned guns long enough you have had a gun or 2 that you lost confidence in and sold or abandoned in the back of the safe. Why are so many people roasting this OP? Seems like people have to circle the wagons for some reason as if they themselves are under personal attack. Sorry I just don't get it. It also does not do a lot of good to help attract and keep new members to the forum.

Many people find this forum because they Google questions about S&W guns. Some of those Google searches involve problems or issues. It make perfect logical sense if you are having an issue with a product Google it a look for answers before you act. So they come here and post a question and get roasted by the community. So they leave.

For those who do not think this has happened before with S&W rifles before I direct you to look at this link. Wolf which a lot of budget shooters shoot out of their budget rifles has a warning about M&P rifles firing out of battery. They don't have any such warning about any other brand of AR15. Now I take it with a grain of salt because part of it is a CYA move on their part but the fact they felt the need to publicly post this warning means they have seen more than a few out of battery firings from M&Ps but I am sure those were all drive bys as well.

Advisory - Wolf Performance Ammunition, steel cased ammo, brass ammo,

Last edited by WVSig; 03-03-2018 at 11:45 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: