View Single Post

Old 03-06-2018, 03:22 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,674 Times in 768 Posts

7133* .44 Target shipped 9/26/12 to M.W. Robinson NYC. My first TL acquired from Lee in June 2014 when I had "TL" on the brain. Likely a factory 1950's refinish with post-war trigger and hammer. Star next to serial number on the butt and diamond "B" stamp on grip frame but no date stamp. Someone set it up for serious target work. Check out that front sight!

12742 .455 Military likely one of 325 shipped to Shapleigh Hardware St Louis, MO 12/29/17. It showed up at a Phoenix gunshow table in January 2014.
DWFAN cleaned and squared up the unnumbered stocks last year.

13823 .44 Military shipped 11/14/16 to W.G. Walz Co, El Paso, TX. I like to think this old iron rode around west Texas, traveled across New Mexico, and ended up with its last known owner in Tucson where it sat for lord knows how many years. Inherited from a distant relative, long since passed, by a young man in Phoenix who then sold to me in June 2016. Neglected for decades and almost inoperable due to the accumulation of grit and dried oil this old workhorse finally got the attention it needed: A thorough cleaning inside and out, a trip to the gunsmith, and set of period-correct stocks. Today it is one of my favorite shooters and quite an attention-getter...and it's accurate as all get out, too. I just wish I could find a period holster with the right amount of "experience" to match.

Last edited by The Gila Bender; 12-27-2018 at 11:28 AM.
The Following 20 Users Like Post: